What we expect from you
- Desire and passion to become a teacher and to challenge and inspire your students.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- Strong subject knowledge and an understanding of it in the context of educating young people.
- Commitment to high standards and excellence.
- A wider understanding of the purpose of education.
- Resilience and determination to succeed both as a trainee and as a teacher.
- The ability to meet the mental and physical demands of classroom teaching.
Thinking of Teaching Evening
The evening will start with a presentation providing general information on the Routes into teaching, Career progression, Teacher’s standards and Pupil and Teacher Trails. The session will finish with a Q&A session with current SCITT trainees.
If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend an interview day at George Spencer Academy or one of our partner schools.
You will need to bring with you: Photo ID documentation, Birth Certificate, Address ID, Original GCSE and Degree certificates and any relevant A Levels to the subject you are applying to teach.
You will need GCSE (or standard equivalent) in English Language , Maths and Science minimum grade C/grade 4.
(Science for Primary only)
A UK first degree with honours (or equivalent qualification) is required for all applicants. NARIC may be required.
We ask that your degree is at least 50% relevant to the subject that you wish to teach (secondary only).
(2:1 preferred but we will consider 2:2)